Off-course it’s known fact that people are migrating from other email client services towards cost-savvy, non-technical and user-friendly interface features loaded Office 365. Utmost business and individuals migrations are results on new functionalities of Office 365 and its cost-savvy and User-friendly interface. It’s features loaded email client services; that doesn’t charge a single penny for maintenance; instead of the maintenance features, organization and business individuals also migrate due to its auxiliary global accessibility.
Proceed to IBM Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration with the best tactics.
Before acquiring knowledge about how to do Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration process? Let’s know the facts behind migration.
Facts behind migration:-
A major portion of the user’s review that Lotus Notes has a wide range of technical difficulties which make their tasks a little more typical. Even though it needs quite enough amounts to maintain its features. In this way, utmost users decide to migrate from Lotus Notes to Office 365 platform.
Well, the above stanza helped you out why people migrate from Lotus Notes to Office 365. Here we begin the manual process of migration; thereafter, I’ll also aware of its drawbacks and other solutions.
Manual Migration from Lotus Notes to Office 365
Lotus Notes utilize the NSF file format to store its emails and mailboxes data. To execute the migration process; we’ve to migrate NSF to Office 365. So, here are two steps to proceeds manual Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration.
The first step to migrate NSF to Office 365 and the second step is to Exchange data with the IMAP Connector feature; the steps are mentioned below.
Keep a Backup; backup is the backbone
Recommendation: Before beginning, any manual process takes a backup of your data because there are chances of data misfortune.
Take your NSF file format data backup
In the event, if your manual migration fails and the NSF file format may get depraved amid the migration process. You can easily recover that by backup data.
Make new Mailboxes for each email consumer
Here, you need to create a new mailbox for each employee who owns the account in your database of IBM Lotus Notes.
Enable IMAP TCP/IP port; do POWER-ONN
In this sequence, you’ve to power on or enable IMAP TCP/IP port of each account user. Then, follow the beneath steps.
- Start the Lotus Notes Application and then Open Domino Administrator.
- Then, reach to Configuration Tab given in interface.
- Open the Server Document which implements the IMAP service.
- Then, Press PORT, then INTERNET PORTS, then MAILTAB.
- In the Mail (IMAP) column, alter the TCP/IP portal value status (POWER ONN do that ENABLE)
- Click the SAVE, to save the changes you made in the IMAP and TCP/IP status and then Close Lotus Notes Application.
Synchronize with IMAP Connector
Ultimately utilize IMAP Connector features to synchronize mailboxes amid Lotus Notes mailboxes and Office 365 mailboxes.
Drawbacks of Manual tactics in Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration procedure.
The manual migration tactics have many flaws and drawbacks some are mentioned beneath
- Lotus Note’s firewall and Proxy server may block connection to the internet and fend you from the data migration process.
- More than 1 GB capacity of the NSF file won’t migrate.
- Entire calendar items have to be migrated specifically and manually.
- The terms of manual migration are hard quite lengthy to proceed.
- Besides the above-given drawbacks, for doing manual migration it requires technical expertise to perform manual migration.
An awesome, alternate reliable and hassle-free option to get the best outcome
Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 is a proficient tool to get you complete the migration process without hurdles. The gorgeous tool offers you entire mailboxes items to migrate at once. You can migrate all items like calendars, appointments, drafts, journals, address books, attachment, sent items, and mailboxes. Instead of saving time, you can also rely upon this tool for no data misfortune.
Prime keys of Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365
Unlimited NSF file migration
Multiple NSF files migration is just far away from a click with this awesome tool. Furthermore, the multiple NSF file migration can be automated with the help of a CSV file format if required.
Preview of NSF data before migration
The tool also gives a feature of preview NSF data before migration; this feature of the tool allows the user to see the data of selected NSF files, which make them sure, they’re doing well or not.
Multiple savings formats
Not just in Low Quality & High Quality, the tool offers multiple formats option to save NSF file formats, such as TEXT, HTML, and RTF.
One of the best features of the tool is it asks the user to rename folder before saving the mailbox folders (Inbox, Sent, Drafts, Trash, etc.) into the Microsoft Office 365 platform.
Pretty- Attractive interface
The tool has an awesome interface, it looks pretty- attractive any user whether he or she is the non-technical user can easily execute it and get the worthy result without any hurdle and technical-crew assistance.
The tool also offers a filter option to select data range to migrate to Office 365.
Users also can see the progress report of Migration through the progress report option. In the progress report, you’ll get info about entire data migrated from Lotus Notes to Office 365.
Let’s go ahead and find how can user execute with this tool?
How to utilize Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool?
- Firstly Install and Launch the Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 tool.
- Here choose the NSF file you wanted to migrate.
- To select Add File(s), Search File(s), Add Domino File (s), Remove File(s), and Remove all File(s) option are given in interface.
- After choosing the given option, click on the OK button.
- Here user can review NSF folders data and change as per requirement.
- Then, choose sub-option Multiple NSF File within Export in Office 365 option of the task-bar.
- Then, from the folder list choose sub-folders. You can also use Select All Option, then, Click the Next button.
- Then, ready with user credentials and Click on the Mailboxes from Office 365 Option there proceed with the credentials like server name, user email, and password, then click on the Next button.
- Now use the Mailbox Mapping option, with this command the tool will search all respective mailboxes Office 365 account and will automatically map such an account which have the same info as the source of NSF file.
- Check the Validation through the Clicking Valid Target option and then, Click Next.
- Here the user will go through Filter Option of the tool to verify the selected data range.
- Users can input the filter like Export selected item type, Export only emails, date, e.t.c, Now Click on the Next Button.
- It is the final journey of NSF migration; here you will get SAVE option.
Hope, you all are doing with our assistance, we’re also feeling grateful to you; whenever you visit our website. In the above articulation, I define the two ways of NSF file migration, the first way is little typical and time taking; however, I also make you known about Shoviv Lotus Notes to Office 365 migration tool, which is efficient to execute migration tasks without hurdle and data misfortune.